Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Week 28.

After a Saints playoff loss, this past week wasn’t one I’d want to re-live, so I’ll just dive right in to the baby stuff.

Here’s where we are this week:

By this week, your baby weighs two and a quarter pounds (like a Chinese cabbage) and measures 14.8 inches from the top of her head to her heels. She can blink her eyes, which now sport lashes. With her eyesight developing, she may be able to see the light that filters in through your womb. She's also developing billions of neurons in her brain and adding more body fat in preparation for life in the outside world.


Images and content courtesy of babycenter.com

How far along: 28 weeks

Total weight gain: +23.5 total.  This is +1.5 from last week. 
1 lb. over the normal weight gain and 3 lbs. less than the maximum weight gain, so I’m doing great!

Sleep habits
: Sleep has been going well.  I have been having some issues when I wake up and am on my back, but there’s not much I can control about my positions throughout the night.  The hardest part of sleeping at this point is the frequent bathroom trips and my overall inability to get out of bed as quickly as I used to be able to (from the weight gain and heavy stomach). 

Maternity clothes: Still wearing them.  Today I’m wearing my pre-pregnancy pants, but they are fully unzipped.  I needed some black pants and didn’t have any options, so I went for it!  Thankfully, my long shirt hides everything, so it’s all good. 

I’m tempted to buy a few more shirts to carry me through, but I guess I’ll just work with what I have for now.

Best moment of the week:  My mom, sister, and Jackson came over this past Saturday to help me paint the nursery.  We didn’t get much done, but it was nice having them there. 

Food cravings: Right now I’m craving King Cake, but that’s not abnormal for me this time of year (Mardi Gras). 

Symptoms: Pretty bad cramping on my lower left side.  It was kind of miserable yesterday to the point where I almost drove myself to the hospital, but it has since subsided.  I definitely over-did it this past weekend painting the nursery and trying to get control over the massive amount of laundry that is always piled up.  I seriously need a maid. 

I’m also having lots of pressure, so I’m not sure if he’s dropped and locked into birthing position or if he’s just chilling out low.  The cramping and pressure yesterday had me convinced I was about to go into labor. 

Movement:  Most days he’s pretty active although I did have a worry moment this past weekend and “forced” myself to eat some cake to get him to move.  He moved immediately and then hiccupped for about 30 minutes.  His movements are much stronger now, and he’s started shifting inside to where it makes my entire belly move like a wave. 



The nursery:  I spent this past weekend painting the walls in preparation for my friends Beth & Kent to come in and help me stripe the main wall.  I really like the colors (click here for all of the nursery details) and hope that the stripes turn out like I’m imagining them!  

I also spray painted (in aqua) some old frames I found and added Joseph’s DIY art into them.  I really like how they turned out!  I took it a step further and spray painted an old lamp in the same color which will be used on his dresser/changing table (which I still have to buy).  I will probably paint the shade in stripes.  Still undecided about that. 

There’s still lots left to do, and hopefully we’ll be able to get it all done.  I also need to get back all of the stuff I loaned to my sister (PNP, swing) and all of my nephew’s clothes ‘cause my poor child will be naked if not! 

What I’m looking forward to:  Beth and Kent’s visit.  Finishing up the nursery.  4D u/s.

What I miss
: Not much right now.

Next appointment: I have an appointment on Thursday (the 19th) for my gestational diabetes testing.  Hopefully I pass with flying colors because I’m not exactly the world’s best when it comes to restricting myself. 

See ya next week!



84 days to go!

2 comments:

liz @ bon temps beignet said...

There have only been two things that I've craved this whole pregnancy... Ice and king cake. Last Monday I ordered one from Randazzo's and had it shipped overnight. I just finished my last piece last night. It. Was. Heaven. And, of course, I got the baby since no one else was allowed to have a slice.

Oh, and that game. So upsetting. I really thought that would've put me into labor but no such luck. I'm officially 2 days overdue.

Mrs E said...

28 weeks already, wow!!!!!!!!

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP