Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Week 33.

OK, I really think I jinxed myself a few weeks ago when I said this pregnancy was dragging because to see the words “week 33” seriously makes my stomach hurt (and not from Braxton Hicks).  I can’t believe I technically only have 7 more weeks left (4 if he comes early like Anna did). 

I have so much left to do – he has hardly any clothes, no newborn diapers, no bottles, I have no breast pump, no dresser/changing table (well, I do, but it still has to be painted and finished).  It’s kind of overwhelming.  Granted, he doesn’t need everything when he’s born – a couple of onesies, some diapers, and a Pack-N-Play will do – but I just like to have everything done.  I want to be able to focus on having a newborn again and not worrying about running out to Target for x, y, z.

I wish I would’ve kept a blog when I was pregnant with Anna because I’m sure I had my act together much better than I do now. 

Oh well.  It is what it is.

Here’s where we are this week:

This week your baby weighs a little over 4 pounds (heft a pineapple) and has passed the 17-inch mark. He's rapidly losing that wrinkled, alien look and his skeleton is hardening. The bones in his skull aren't fused together, which allows them to move and slightly overlap, thus making it easier for him to fit through the birth canal. (The pressure on the head during birth is so intense that many babies are born with a conehead-like appearance.) These bones don't entirely fuse until early adulthood, so they can grow as his brain and other tissue expands during infancy and childhood.



Images and content courtesy of babycenter.com

How far along: 33 weeks

Total weight gain
: +29.5 total.  This is +2 from last week.  Almost at 30 lbs. with 7 more weeks to go. 

Sleep habits
: I’ve been off/working from home for Mardi Gras, so I’ve been able to stay up later and wake up later.  It’s been nice actually sleeping past 5 a.m. and going to sleep after 8 p.m.  This has kept me from having the 3 a.m. witching hour that I’ve been dealing with pretty much this entire pregnancy.  I’m still peeing at least 2 to 3 times/hour, and that’s seriously not an over-statement.  It’s beyond ridiculous.   

Maternity clothes: My clothes are all ugly.  I wish I could buy more, but that’s not going to happen.

Best moment of the week:  It hasn’t been a very good week.  Anna has been sick.  My mom couldn’t come over because it stormed all weekend.  I’ve been going all “The Shining” in my house since I’ve been locked up in here for days.  I’m actually looking forward to going back to my work office tomorrow.

Food cravings: I’m still not very hungry, but obviously that hasn’t kept me from gaining weight (not that I’m trying to not gain, so don’t go all Judgy McJudgerson on me here).  My appetite is still best early in the day and non-existent around 4ish ‘til I go to bed.  I think I no longer have any room for my stomach to be its full size. 

Symptoms:  Daily BH contractions.  My heartburn seems to be a bit better.  Now that my belly button is completely flush, that area is very tender, so if a shirt touches it, it makes me want to gag.  Weird, right?
 
Movement:  J’s movement has certainly slowed quite a bit, but the movement he does make is very strong and forceful (and pretty painful at times).  He’s also hanging out in my ribs a lot which is something new for me since Anna was basically falling out my entire pregnancy.  I don’t think she ever moved up high enough to affect my rib area.

The nursery:  Joe and his brother picked up the dresser, so now I have to sand it/paint it.  I have no idea how/when I’ll accomplish this, so this may be an "after the baby is here” project. 

I did, however finish the bird mobile, so at least I did something this week.  It’s currently hanging on our kitchen light until I can relocate it to its permanent place in the nursery (above the changing table).

IMG_7618IMG_7625IMG_7629
I stole idea from designdininganddiapers.com and made a few modifications.

I liked the more natural look of the twigs since the brown matches the bedding/crib.  I added the mini-orbs to fill it in since I only ordered 6 birds (I would recommend 8 for this project).  I got the orbs from JustArtifacts.com

The birds are from The Fish Box on Etsy.  Melissa was wonderful to work with, and the birds turned out so beautifully!  Plus, her prices are incredible!  I’m about to order some more for a mobile I’m making for my sister. 

The center of the wreath is just a regular pom tissue ball that I made, but I’m still on the fence if I’ll use this pom or trade it out for a round orb.  While I love the pom, it kind of seems a bit feminine the more I look at it, so I’m probably going to switch it out when all is said and done. 

What I’m looking forward to:  Being able to walk without getting a contraction.

What I miss
: Sleeping through the night w/o having to take 30 pee breaks.

Last appointment details:  My last appointment was Friday, February 17th.  Joseph’s h/b was 145.  I am measuring at 30 cm which is a little behind, but it’s nothing to be concerned about.  She checked me again since I’ve been having contractions daily.  Still high, closed, long (cervix).  So, no changes to my cervix at this point is a good thing.

Next appointment:
My next appointment is Friday, March 2.  It will be my last appointment with my OB before she goes on maternity leave.   

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP