Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

And so it begins…again.

I’m pregnant.

Yep, you read that right. 

I found out on Wednesday, August 3, 2011 at 7:53 a.m.  How do I know the exact time?  ‘Cause I sent Joe a text of my pee stick exactly 3 minutes later when this pink little stripe showed up:

preg
I know it’s hard to see, but I promise you it’s there.  And it came through in only three minutes.  And it came through 5 days before I should’ve really tested.

You see, I’m not known for being a patient person.  When I feel like something is “off” with my body, I pee on a stick.  What was off the night before?  I was an emotional, sobbing, tired wreck of a woman.  Watching Beyond Scared Straight shouldn’t really cause a bucket load of tears, but it did with me.  As I sat there with a soaking wet t-shirt from all of the tears I shed, I took a step back and thought, “Self, what the hell is wrong with you?  Could you be?  Are you…PREGNANT?”  Nah, no way.  Not me. 

Just an hour or two prior to that, I fell asleep in Anna’s bed.  I had such an inescapable exhaustion that was very reminiscent of the exhaustion I felt the first go-round.  So, I took a step back and thought,
“Self, what the hell is wrong with you? Could you be? Are you…PREGNANT?” Nah, no way. Not me.

Joe and I were in the “one and done” camp.  I had a few weeks of baby fever insanity.  That’s all it takes.  Well, not ALL it takes, but this is a PG-13 blog. I spent 9 months wishing and waiting for Anna to happen, but this baby happened much more quickly.  So, I think of this baby as a miraculous gift from God.  Granted, I think all babies are miraculous gifts from God, but this one is certainly a gift.  I already love him/her and can’t wait to blog about this pregnancy journey. 

Joe is still in shock mode, but I know he will eventually get used to having more than one child.  It’s certainly going to be an adjustment, and I will admit that I’m not looking forward to the sleepless nights, breast-feeding issues, inability to go out for date nights very often because now we have TWO kids which will mean double the babysitting expenses or double the aggravation for our family if they watch the kids. Daycare = Oy Vey!  Diapers again, oy.  Bottles, jar food.  Eeek. 

I wasn’t an active blogger when I was pregnant with Anna, so I truly regret not keeping better track of things.  It would be so nice to be able to go back and compare week to week.

My good friend Dusty over at All Things G&D kept a fabulous record of every week of her pregnancy, and I plan on doing the same.  Since I’ll be keeping things on the down-low for a while (until I’m at least 8 weeks pregnant), these posts will be hidden for a while.  Hopefully it won’t be too confusing for the 2 people who read this blog. 

I may as well start with my symptoms.

- Extreme exhaustion
- Hormonal, crying ball of mess

- Sore boobs
- Heartburn/indigestion (although they say you can’t get this so early on in the game.  I beg to differ).
- Night bloat (stomach is flat in the a.m. and bloated at night)


I can’t honestly say that these symptoms are much different than my normal monthly symptoms, but now that I know I’m pregnant, it all seems to make sense.  I don’t have the extreme sensitivity to smells this early on like I did with Anna. 

So, here we go!

12 comments:

nbjenni said...

I'm calling it - BOY!

Cassie101 said...

Congratulations xxx

Emily said...

Congrats! It's a baby boom lately in the blog world. I'm excited to follow along with you. We are in the same boat. =)

Lindsey said...

Congrats!!! Seriously? I can't wait to read your pregnancy accounts because you're freaking hysterical : )

Jill said...

I love it! Congrats!

Mrs E said...

Congratulations!!! super exciting!
H&H 9 months and I can't wait to be one of the 2 people who read your pregnancy blog. LOL

The Martha Complex said...

Congratulations!

Myn @ fresh graNOLA family said...

So, I've congratulated you via text, message boards, and facebook; it's only logical to congratulate you via your blog! I can't wait to read about your journey. CONGRATS!!

Mungee's Ma said...

Congratulation! And that line? Is definitely not hard to see at all! H&H 9 months!

JC said...

That is great news! Congrats! Two is so much fun!

Sara said...

YAY! Congrats. So happy for you! :-)

Loni said...

Ran across your blog via adventures in mommyhood. Congrats! I love reading about pregnancy and babies :)

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP