Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Week 30.

Not much happened this past week, and I’m thankful for that after my fun-filled girls’ weekend.  Mama is still worn out from that one!

Here’s where we are today:

Your baby's about 15.7 inches long now, and she weighs almost 3 pounds (like a head of cabbage). A pint and a half of amniotic fluid surrounds her, but that volume will decrease as she gets bigger and takes up more room in your uterus. Her eyesight continues to develop, though it's not very keen; even after she's born, she'll keep her eyes closed for a good part of the day. When she does open them, she'll respond to changes in light but will have 20/400 vision — which means she can only make out objects a few inches from her face. (Normal adult vision is 20/20.)




Images and content courtesy of babycenter.com

How far along: 30 weeks

Total weight gain
: +25.5 total.  This is +2 from last week.  I’m quickly approaching my 30 lb. goal, and I still have 10 weeks left.  Oh well!

Sleep habits: I still have frequent 3 a.m. insomnia sessions.  It seems like this is my witching hour.  I also go to sleep very early these days.  If Anna cooperates, sometimes I’m in bed by 7:30/8 p.m.  It’s a little pathetic.  Maybe if I can force myself to stay awake until at least 10, I can avoid the witching hour at 3 a.m. 
 
Maternity clothes: Now that my bump is out and proud, I’ve been wearing more tight-fitting shirts to display it more prominently.  This is coming in handy since our winter has been unseasonably warm, and I’ve had to put my sweaters on the back burner.  I can wear most of my pre-PG shirts as long as I use my bella band to add more length. 

Best moment of the week:  It hasn’t been the best of weeks, so I’ll just be thankful for the positives in my life. 

Food cravings: I’m back on King Cake.  Which could explain the 2 lb. weight gain. 

Symptoms: Holy Braxton Hicks contractions!  No matter how much water I drink, which position I’m in, how “easy” I take it – I get the suckers.  Sometimes my stomach feels as hard as a rock for hours it seems.  After a couple of days of this, I was about to call my OB, but yesterday I hardly had any BH contractions at all, so hopefully it was some weird fluke this past week.  It’s probably my body just spazzing out over last weekend’s festivities.  It’s pretty frustrating when you get them just from walking to the couch to your bed.  I had them pretty bad with Anna, too. 

Movement:  Lots of hiccups, lots of forceful movement.  He’s been punching some very unfortunate spots lately.  Not fun. 

The nursery:  The nursery progress has come to a major halt.  I haven’t even really gone in there other than to touch up some of the stripes.  My plan this past weekend was to make the bird mobile and hang the curtains, but that didn’t happen.  It’s just hard for me to get motivated when I still have so much to do and so much to buy (which I can’t right now).  Oh well, he probably won’t even be in his nursery until he’s 6 months, so it’ll get done when it gets done.

What I’m looking forward to:  Finishing up the nursery.  Meeting my little man.  It’s getting closer!  Eeek!

What I miss
: Not much right now.

Next appointment:

My next appointment is Friday, February 3.  I got my Gestational Diabetes test results back, and I passed with flying colors. WOO HOO – bring on the King Cake!  Everything else checked out A-OK, too, with the exception of the anemia test.  I’m slightly anemic.  This isn’t really a big surprise as I was the same way with Anna.  I just have to take Iron supplements for the remainder of my pregnancy.  No biggie.  This would explain my fatigue.  Or maybe it’s just being pregnant in general that makes me tired.  I’ll blame it on the anemia.

See ya next week!

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP