Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Monday, September 17, 2012

5 months under my belt.

I’m getting behind on my monthly posts because the days are flying by like seconds.  How do I already have a 5 month old child?  And a near 4 year old?!  Say wha?

Here are his (and Anna’s) 5 month photos. By the way, my baby doesn’t look like Mr. Clean in real life.  I have no idea why his little hair sprigs don’t show up in these photos.  I think he’s going to be blond like his daddy was.  Awww!

(Little Joe wasn’t feeling 100% the day these photos were taken yet he still smiles and has fun.)

eIMG_3230eIMG_3235eIMG_3236eIMG_3250eIMG_3253eIMG_3259eIMG_3273eIMG_3275eIMG_3287Help me, help me now.

Temperament: I have the happiest little guy on the planet.  He’s just so content and happy about 95% of the time.  The other 5%, while he can be fussy, he’s still smiling in between the cries.  He soothes very easily and is pretty much content once he’s able to nurse or included in whatever activity is going on at the time.  He’s very aware of his surroundings and people around him, and he enjoys sitting up and being part of the group.

He also adapts well to new situations and people.  He’s just as happy and content around family members as he is around me.  This is wonderful because it allows me to get away every once in a while. 


I’m a few weeks shy of my 6 month goal, and I’m happy to report that all is well in boob land!  I will hopefully be starting a new job soon, so we’ll have to see how the whole pumping situation will go, but ideally I would like to make it to a year now.  I never thought I’d say that, but here we are.  He’s made it especially easy this go round, and my supply has basically kept up with his demand. 

I went on my annual girls’ vacation this past weekend (more on that later), and he took a bottle like a champ the whole time I was gone.  So, I think it will work out just fine with him going to daycare eventually and having bottles there.  I pumped enough on my vacation to carry him for quite a while, and since I’ll be pumping at work, hopefully we can keep him on mostly BM until the 1 year mark when he’ll switch to whole milk.

No solids yet – I’m waiting until he’s 6 months, so that’s right around the corner. 

Sleeping: While we’ve somewhat weathered the 4 month wakeful storm, Joseph is still not the world’s best sleeper.  He usually goes to bed around 9:30 – 10 p.m. and wakes for his first night feeding around 3 a.m.  Again at 5 a.m.  Again at 7 a.m.  Some days he will nap for an hour here and there.  Other days, not so much. 

We will have to move him out of his RNP sleeper now (in fact, I will do that tonight).  He’s almost fallen out of it twice – once at my mom’s house, and once last night.  Even buckled in, he’s somehow able to wriggle himself to a position that is no longer safe for him.  I am hoping he does well in the pack-n-play since it’s flat and he’s used to being elevated.  We shall see.
Milestones: In a month’s span, he’s hit some major milestones!  He started flipping from stomach to back around 4.5 months.  Then, while I was away on vacation, he flipped from his back to his stomach, and he’s been doing it incessantly ever since. I put him on the floor on his back.  BAM, he’s on his stomach.  He’s starting to move his legs in a way that mimics crawling, so I imagine it’s only a matter of time before he’s more mobile.  Eeek!

He can sit up on his own with very little assistance.  Where is my little baby?! 

He’s also very verbal and is cooing and communicating more with lots of squeals and baby talk.  He is even murmuring (ugh, 50 Shades ruined that word for me) mamamama, and while I know he has no clue what it means yet, it’s still cute to hear.

I also feel a little sharp tooth coming in on his bottom gum.  I really am NOT ready for him to have teeth yet.  Anna didn’t pop a tooth until well after her first birthday.
Size: We just moved him up to size 3 diapers. If he keeps growing at this speed, we’ll need to buy him some Depends. 

He’s wearing 9 month clothes and size 1 shoes.
Activities: We introduced the Jumperoo just a few weeks ago, and so far he loves it.  Well, for about 15 minutes, that is.  Anything longer than that, and he has a meltdown.  We have to put a pillow beneath his feet so he can reach, but he’s quite enamored with the different lights and sounds and spinny things. 

He’s kind of over his swing at this point.  He’ll swing for a while and get really fed up with the motion. 

Joseph loves his big sister.  He smiles and laughs at her all the time, even when she’s not trying to be funny.  I think they’re going to have a close relationship because she’s super protective of him, and he definitely loves her.  It will be fun to watch them interact. 


  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by 2008

Back to TOP