Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

We are a part of the rhythm nation.

Who has rhythm? Certainly not me.

I used to dance ‘til dawn. And I was quite good at it, to be perfectly honest. I had rhythm, I had stamina, I had the ability to drop it like it’s hot without dropping it and not being able to pick it back up again. So, will someone please tell me why I’ve been channeling my inner Elaine every single time I try to dance now?

You may be wondering why I'm even dancing at this point, me, a 31 year old mother of 1. Well, there's a simple explanation for that - my child loves music and loves to dance. I figure, why not dance with her? She can learn from a pro, and then maybe she can drop it like it's hot. Although I'm not sure I want my daughter dropping anything like it's hot. Truth be told, I don't even really want to know what "it" is. I digress. The other day I was dancing with Anna to Michael Jackson - her favorite artist - and I realized that I no longer had rhythm. If I had on a pair of mom jeans and a short, soccer mom haircut, I'd totally win an award for Doofus Mom of the Year.

If Anna could speak, she'd be bowing her head in embarrassment and saying something like, "Mom, PLEASE stop!"

So, where's the disconnect from the rhythmic dancer of yesteryear and Mrs. Mom Jeans of today? Is this how it's supposed to be? I guess so, huh? There aren't many middle-aged women out there who can shake it like Shakira. I guess at some point you must trade in your dancing shoes for a pair of Easy Spirits. I just didn't expect it to come this quickly. I must try to hold on just a bit longer, so I will work at it. While Anna is napping, I will turn on Michael Jackson and try to be a part of the Ryhtym Nation once again.

Oh, and totally off topic, the winner of the "Caption" contest for wittiest caption is…

Wait for it...

I've decided to give 1st, 2nd, 3rd place because there were some really good ones!

3rd place: “I KNOW this song is about me” by Meg
2nd Place: "Anna practices her Steinmart smile" by Mandie
1st Place: "Warning: objects in mirror are as vain as they appear" by Berg



I really enjoyed all the comments, though, so I hope no one has hurt feelings.

Here's this week's Picture of the Week - I'd love to try this again with the caption contest. I think it's fun, plus I truly enjoyed meeting some of the "lurkers" and look forward to hearing from you guys again (hint, hint).



IMG_6406

I will post Anna's 10 month photo fail session in a day or two. I'm a total slacker, as usual. At least I have the photos taken already - I just need to edit them and post them. Be on the lookout!

2 comments:

nbjenni said...

One bite for me, and one for my homies

Berg said...

Thanks for choosing me for 1st place!!!

P.S. Have you see Shakira's video "SheWolf"? Even Shakira has lost her moves. She is gyrating in the strangest ways... pretty sure Beyonce is her new choreographer.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP