Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Sunday, January 17, 2010

Answers for my lurkers.

First of all, thanks to all of the lurkers who came out of the closet in my De-lurk Lurkers post. It was wonderful reading comments from all of you, and I'm looking forward to visiting your blogs, so I can begin stalking you.

Just kiddin'. ;)

Anywho, a few of you asked me some questions, so I'm following up today with my replies.

Let's get started:

Q: Jennifer asked:
Will you ever attempt to take another Anna side-eye pic? Cause the one you have now is a masterpiece.

A: A true masterpiece can never be replicated, unfortunately. The infamous Anna side-eye picture is, as you say, a masterpiece. I can only hope for a pale comparison of the original. I spend day and night photographing my child just hoping and praying that she'll, once again, turn her eyes to the side for a perfect side-eye picture. Since her hair hasn't grown much, she still basically looks the same as the original, so I'll keep using it until her mullet finally grows out.



Q: Mommyofone asked:
I tried the fantabulous crib rail trick (aka: sheet tied around the railing), but my babe learned how to untie all the cute ribbon knots I tied it on with. Do you still have yours on Anna's crib and does she leave it alone?

A: Nope! Anna learned how to move the sheet and chew on her crib no matter where I tied it off! I've decided my child is just too brilliant to be fooled by my faux Macgyver attempt at crib protection. I do want to say that I am quite flattered you copied my crib rail cover. Maybe you and I should go back to the drawing board and try to come up with something a little less, I dunno, craptastic for the next go 'round!



Q: HG asked
What is your best advice for getting babies to get veggies? Or does Anna like veggies?

A: Put the veggies in donuts? In ice cream? Seriously, I have no idea. Anna HATES vegetables. She will put them in her mouth while I'm looking at her and then spit them out when I turn around. She thinks she's smart, but I see her doing this out of my side-eye. Yes, I can side-eye, too. Until they make fruit flavored vegetables, I think it's always going to be a challenge for us (and many other parents as well). If you ever find a solution, you know where to find me!


Q: The Other Sister asked:
Did I miss the 12 month photo fail? And did she receive anything monogrammed with her LBAK initials?

A: Darn! I was hoping no one had noticed the missing 12 month photo fail. You see, I took photos of her, but I failed to load them and write about them on my blog. It's obvious that nothing gets by you people.

I'm still waiting to receive some monogrammed LBAK items. Perhaps a hand towel or a bath robe.


Q: Kerri asked:
What is your/Anna's daily routine like?
What kind of foods do you feed Anna, or what does she like?

A: My daily routine consists of the following:
Hitting the snooze button until I'm almost not late
Shower
Clean up cat puke
Work
Feed Anna
Clean up more cat puke

Anna's routine:
Eat
Sleep
Poop
Eat
Sleep
Poop
Yo Gabba Gabba
Poop
Sleep

Anna goes through spurts of wanting to eat everything in sight to not eating anything. She's just like me except I never go through spurts of not eating anything. So, I guess she's not like me at all. So, just so she'll eat SOMETHING, I've resorted to feeding her the crap I said I'd never feed her - hot dogs, corn dogs, chicken nuggets, way more fruit than vegetables, etc.

At this point, I'm just trying to get her to eat something, and I figure something is better than nothing, right? On a good day, she'll eat turkey or ham, wheat bread, carrots (if I'm lucky), cheese, peaches or pears, raisins. She likes finger foods. She hasn't quite mastered a spoon yet, so most of the stuff she eats is stuff she can pick up off of her high chair. Score for me since I can't cook worth a crap!

Well, that's all for now, readers. Thanks to those who responded! I look forward to hearing more from you girls soon - don't be shy, k? Anna says so.

1 comments:

nbjenni said...

Here is how I get my girls to eat veggies - dip them in puree fruit! Nothing says YUMMM to them like green beans dipped in bananas.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP