Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Monday, June 8, 2009

For Javelin Rockford.

In my Ask Me Anything post, Javelin Rockford asked me the following question(s):

How did you and your husband meet?


I always like these questions - brings me way back and makes me feel all ooey gooey inside.

After transferring to a college in southeast Louisiana my sophomore year, I had to take the prerequisite Computer Science class to gain access to Psych (my major at the time). My first day of class, Joe walked in and sat a few seats in front of me. My first thought was that he was extremely attractive, and my second thought was that he was extremely attractive and therefore either 1) out of my league or 2) a complete jerk. So, I left it at that.

The next day of class (it was a M, W, F) class, we had to sit in a computer lab. I saw Joe walk into the lab and almost shat my pants when he sat next to me. I felt nervous and giddy and completely dorky and awkward. He didn't really talk to me at first, but he eventually warmed up, and we started chit chatting about basic crap - where do you work, what's your major, etc. I found out he was working at JC Penney which was a total in for me since I worked there prior to going off to college my first year. I'd just missed him as I quit one week before he started working there. Strange.

So, we basically just started out as very good friends - we'd hang out together during class, and that eventually spilled out to where we'd hang out after class, during our breaks, we'd go to lunch together and then eventually on actual dates outside of school. It was a pretty slow process. Joe was extremely shy since he hadn't dated much in his past (much to my surprise considering he was so outgoing and attractive), so it took him a while before he built up enough courage to actually ask me on a real date.

We only dated for about 9 months the first time around. I broke up with him for reasons that are sucky (which I won't get into on this blog), but I was so lucky and fortunate that he took me back just over a year later. This was September of 1999. We've been together ever since!

Our engagement photo - 2003


6 comments:

Allison aka Half of VAMH said...

Awwwww! That is a sweet story! And I can't imagine Joe being shy! Of course, if I were a dude talking to a fine ass chick like yourself I would be in total awe which equals silence!

Anna Newman said...

What a cute story, perfect to tell Anna one day!!!!

Robin, Tommy, and Manze said...

Hey! Thanks for the comment you left on my blog (Ballpoint Designs)! No, I don't have an Etsy store!

Cute story about you and your husband! I always love to hear how people met and how they got engaged!

VintageToolbox said...

Awesome story, I should share one about Beth and I and our incredible journey to close the gap of just being three miles apart from each other only to be joined by the internet.

Unknown said...

Yep, you definitely should, J. I'd love to read about it!

Freckles Chick said...

Awwww! And hello Joe! You guys are one hawt dish. =]

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP