Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Friday, June 19, 2009

Yo, Genevieve -

Favor time. I’m batting my eyelashes at you, how can you resist?

Let me introduce you to one of my closest friends. Meet Mandy or MandyBeth, whichever you prefer. On the awesomeness scale of 1 - 10, Mandy is an 11. If her sweet smile doesn’t warm your heart, how ‘bout her precious boys Ben and Landon. Are you melting yet? Will you make Mandy’s dreams come true? Here’s how you can help.



3521943729_6c79cf3b37
Mandy recently entered a kitchen makeover contest on HGTV to have the very wonderful Genevieve Gorder make over her kitchen.



Mandy has wonderful style, a great eye for design and a wonderful concept of balance; however, not everyone has a pocket book to match. Kitchen renos are extremely expensive, and with two infants and a mortgage, it’s not always easy to come up with the moola to accomplish what you want.

It can’t be that bad, right? Keep reading.

Mandy recently moved into a more spacious home to accommodate her large family. When making an upgrade like that, sometimes you have to give up some important design elements to get to the next place in life. When Mandy and her family moved, they traded a fabulous kitchen for a not so fabulous kitchen. The kitchen space is nice, but the elements leave much to be desired.

So, what’s it look like?



Well, just to show you what sacrifice she made, take a look at Mandy's old kitchen. It's swoon-worthy!

2270781715_8552501d1b



Now take a look at Mandy's new kitchen. Not so swoon-worthy.

3332394677_fce7ed87d0



There's lots to work with. I know that Genevieve would have a field day here! Great bones, not so great skin. That can all be changed, though, and we'll need your help to get it changed!

Oh, by the way, yes, that’s carpet on the floor. Carpet in a kitchen? I’m giving that floor the side-eye. You should, too.



So, please help Mandy and her precious family by voting. It only takes a second of your time, and the benefits could last a lifetime for that family. Click here for the voting page. Make sure you give Mandy 5 stars. If you want to go one step further, leave a comment with your opinions of the space. Be as blunt as you want to be, I think Genevieve will appreciate that. No cursing, though. Keep it clean, folks.



Leave a message in my comments to let Mandy know you voted. She reads my blog and will be very appreciative of all the support she can get. If you wanna be really nice, you can post a similiar blog on your own blog for her. The more we can get the word out, the better her chances are of winning.

Thanks again!

7 comments:

Debra Hammack said...

I gave her 5 stars. I hope she gets it. Keep us updated.

Mandy Ford Art & Illustration said...

Thanks Nat!!! I have the bestest internet friends ever!!! :)

Audra Laney said...

As a previous Nestie (from the knot days!) I felt obligated to vote for my fellow nestie.

5 stars AND a comment!

Mary said...

Done! Good luck!

pyjammy pam said...

dude. carpet in a kitchen? even if she wasn't a fellow mom of multiples, i'd have to vote for her!

Freckles Chick said...

From my Nestie days to decorpad days (we miss you over there, M!) to blogger days, I will always heart Mandy!

Off to vote and to be as blunt as I can in the most loving way. =]

(Thx for posting about this, Nat!)

Natalie said...

I voted and left a comment :) I hope she wins!!!

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP