Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

What's Anna up to these days?

Mama bragging time. This is mainly for my own archiving purposes since people ask me when Anna did this or that, and I stare at them blankly because I just can't remember.

Dead zones, my friend, dead zones.

Anna's age: 8 months, 2 weeks, 6 days

Things Anna can do:
  • Crawl all over the place - on her knees. She's no longer crawling like a seal or like an Army man during combat. Woot!
  • She can somewhat speak - when she cries, she repeatedly says "mamamamamamama" - I guess she associates me with tears and sadness? Great. She's still not babbling very much. She will occasionally say "Oh" or "Hello," but it's not enough to make me think she's saying the actual word. She said Mama plain as day on May 26th, but she hasn't said it since. Was it a fluke?
  • Her favorite solids are bananas, apples and pears - either all mixed together or separately. She gags on most vegetables - especially peas. She can sometimes tolerate sweet potatoes. Her favorite is avacado. Whenever we eat at the Mexican restaurant, I order a side of guacamole just for her. She eats the entire thing. I also give her shreds of cheese (which she loves). I gave her some meat and gravy which smelled like (and probably tasted like) cat food. Needless to say, she wasn't a fan. She does like the chicken and apples meal even though the consistency of it is like sand.
  • She's extremely curious about the world around her. She understands when I ask her where the "kitty kitty" is. She will look in the direction where the cats normally sit. She's amazed by them and will smile and coo anytime they enter the room. She's been showing some apprehension with Cosmo. It's probably because of his size and ridiculous energy. She's fine when he's in his crate, but if he's in the same area with her, she will act fearful and cry a little bit.
  • She hates her kiddie pool. We've tried, on two occasions, to introduce her to the pool, but she's wanted nothing to do with it. I've been putting her directly into the bathtub instead of on her bath chair, so hopefully she'll get used to the water being all around her.
  • She still loves the Golden Girls. She was watching it with my mother-in-law this morning, and when I came into the room she didn't so much as glance away from the TV set. I guess I'm chopped liver in comparison to Rose and Blanche.
  • She can lift herself to a standing position and is attempting to cruise. She will move from one small area to the next, but she's still very apprehensive. I think she'll gain more confidence over the next few weeks. I need to invest in some baby prisons/gates for our house because she's already all over the place, I can't imagine how crazy it will be once she's on two legs.
  • She likes Michael Jackson.
  • She's more interested in her toys - especially the ones that make noise and have bright lights/colors. She is starting to understand that in order to make a sound you have to push a button. She does this all day just to aggravate me. It's so cute (sarcasm).
  • We had to lower her crib bed because she likes to drop her pacifier out of her crib and then stand on her bumper to attempt to jump out to catch it. I've caught her twice trying to lean over the crib rails. If she wasn't such a teeny little thing, she could've easily escaped her crib prison.
  • I think we're going to start trying to give her more table foods over the next few weeks/months. She's shown an obvious interest in eating more solid foods, the purees are a joke to her. I give her bits of cheese, little tiny bits of meat - she eats all of it with no problems.
  • She loves sucking on lemons. I kid you not. Oh, and she likes pickles, too. I can already see our dentist bill from her sour patch kids addiction. Oy.


2 comments:

Nicolle said...

I look forward to these posts. Love it! :)

Jenna said...

Oh man, that meat baby food really does smell like canned cat food. BLECH! These poor children. :no

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP