Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Thursday, June 18, 2009

Come on, Karma, what gives?

So, some of you may remember my Lord of the Flies post where I spared the life of an aggravating dragon fly to keep my karma clear.

Fast forward a few weeks.

Would someone please explain to me why my house is now a haven for tiny little gnat-fly things that have embedded themselves into my kitchen sink and garbage can.

Actually, I know what happened. We recently switched garbage companies and had a lapse in services for about a week or so. During that time, as you can imagine, our trash piled up in our garage. We have an infant. An infant who poops and pees a ridiculous amount every single day. I am not very green (embarrassed to say) and still use disposables. One week of disposable diapers stewing in a hot garage = the 7th plague of flies in my house. God has poured out his wrath, and I'm suffering. Immensly.

We need help.

Joe bought some sticky fly paper yesterday, but how the heck am I supposed to catch these things when 1) they're quicker than Speedy Gonzalez and 2) I'm slower than molasses? It's quite comical with me standing by my kitchen sink just flailing this sticky paper back and forth while the flies fly around laughing at me. Picture it.

Any suggestions on how to get rid of these things? I can't help but feel a little trashy right now (no pun intended, or maybe a pun is intended, it's hard to say - I can't think clearly with flies in my eyes).

Help!

4 comments:

Anna Newman said...

Clean out your disposal really well with these ping things you buy at Bed Bath and Beyond or I think lemons, ice and hot water work just as well. Good luck with that

Anonymous said...

Place an open container of apple cider vinegar near the sink. The flies are attracted to the sweet smell and will drown in the liquid.

Amanda said...

We are having the exact same problem as we speak.

Beth said...

I literally laughed outloud at the image of you flailing the fly paper.

Natbabe, you're supposed to just hang the flypaper in an inconspicuous place and let the flies come to IT. You don't go to them. Bait it up with some honey in a bowl underneath and it works like a mousetrap.

:D

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP